Sun-dried Tomato Chicken Bake
We only tested this recipe once because it came out great! We like any recipe that involves only one pan, and for this one we used a cast iron skillet. You will need to cook on the stovetop and then the oven so the cast iron worked perfectly. This recipe has lots of healthy fats so your brain will thank you, as will your stomach. Comment below after you’ve tried it and ENJOY!
- 2 chicken breasts, organic
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided in half
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup parmesean cheese, organic
- to taste thyme, oregano, basil, salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt half the butter in cast iron skillet (or oven-proof pan).
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth, sun-dried tomatoes, parmesean, thyme, oregeno, basil, coconut milk, and remaining butter.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer until it thickens slightly.
- Add chicken to pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Place whole skillet in oven and cook for about 25-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- Note: For a thicker sauce, you can use a separate pan to whisk coconut milk with melted butter and 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder. Then add this mixture to the skillet.